I am a free-lance software specialist. Writing professional, clean, and simple code in C# .NET is my passion.
- Azure and Azure DevOps.
- ASP.NET Core 3
- Very enthusiastic with Blazor WebAssembly.
- Almost 10 years of experience in creating native iOS and Android Apps with Xamarin and Xamarin Forms in C# .NET.
- Over 20 years of Mobile software development experience.
I live in Amsterdam, (Netherlands) with my wife and two sons (8 and 2). I was born on a small ecological farm on the bottom of a lake. As an eenvoudige boerenzoon I like to keep code simple!
After High School I started to study Forestry at Wageningen University. Soon I found out that Forestry was not exactly my cup of tea. I switched to Business Economics and managed to get a Masters degree (drs.) at the VU University Amsterdam.
During my study I had to do some programming (C and eh… Cobol) and I started to like it. I could take Software Engineering as an optional course at the department of Computer Science and I decided to specialize in Software Development after my study.
I started with Mobile Development in 1998, when cellphones were more like bricks. Actually, the first device I was programming had the nickname the axe, which was a mobile terminal with a matrix (!) printer included. It was used by cash transportation companies in several countries to keep track of all the details, print collect/delivery receipts and transfer the data to the back-end system. All that I had to cram into a Z80 processor with 16 KB memory…
You can hire me just to help you to get started, to help with a complex part of a solution or for a project where you need a specialist in my area. I’m well prepared to do my work remote, but if you are located in (or close to) Amsterdam, The Netherlands, I can help you on-site if you want to. I’m committed to a long-term relationship with my customers, even when you only need me occasionally. I can:
- Help you to migrate your .NET solutions to Microsoft Azure.
- Help you upgrade to ASP.NET Core 3.
- Help you getting started with Blazor.
- Help you getting started with Xamarin or to smooth out a stalled Xamarin project.
- Help to build Xamarin/Blazor/Razor components.
- Help you when you need a specialist in my area for a shorter or longer period.
Drop me an email at Marcel.Wolterbeek@forestcreek.nl. I don’t answer emails from recruiters.